Beef Stroganoff

It's almost Thanksgiving! Our family has arrived so I don't have much time to spend posting recipes, but bare with me, I am still cooking and taking pictures :)  We have 4 extra adults here, and 1 more on the way tomorrow so of coarse I'm making some YUMMY food for them!  Last night I made Beef Stroganoff, huge hit, everyone loved it.  Pasta always goes far with this many people.  We will be celebrating our Thanksgiving tomorrow because we are driving into the mountains on Thursday to spend the weekend in Steamboat Springs, CO.  Should be a great time with the family!  I would love to hear what everyone is making for Thanksgiving dinner, and I will definitly post everything that I make.  Have a great Thanksgiving everyone! We are VERY thankful to have our family here visiting :)

Beef Stroganoff

1 pd. Ground Beef
1/2 Cup Onion Chopped
1 (4.5 ounce) Can Mushrooms, drained. Sometimes I use fresh, the more mushrooms the better with my family.
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp Mustard Powder
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup Beef Broth
1 8 ounce package extra wide egg noodles

Break up ground beef into a large skillet, add onion, mushrooms, garlic powder, and mustard powder.  Cook and stir over medium heat until the meat is browned and onion is tender.  Drain excess fat off.
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and beef broth.  Stir into beef mixture, and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes.  Don't stir too much.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until done.  Drain.  Serve sauce over noodles.

Enjoy!



Comments