Layered Mexican Bake......My own creation!

Sometimes I am feeling a bit creative when it comes to making dinner and today was one of those days.  If you ask my husband, he will tell you that he doesn't always like being the taste tester!  But, todays new recipe was awesome, especially if you like mexican food.  My 2 1/2 year old even asked for seconds :)

Layered Mexican Bake:

1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken (shredded)
1/2 Orange Pepper (or Red or Green) (chopped)
1/2 Large Onion (chopped)
1 Can Corn
1 Can Black Beans
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
1 1/2-2 Cups of Salsa
4 Tortilla Shells
1 Bag Colby Jack Shredded Cheese
1/2 Cup Sour Cream

First I cooked the chicken and shredded it.  I used my pressure cooker, seems to shread easier.  In a Medium skillet saute the pepper and onion.  Add corn (drained) and black beans (rinsed and drained).  Add shredded chicken to this mixture.  Add taco seasoning and a bit of water to mix it in.  Add salsa. 
In 9x13 pan spread some of meat mixture to cover bottom of pan (very little).  Now layer the rest, tortilla shells, sour cream (lightly spread on shells), cheese, meat mixture, tortilla shells, sour cream, cheese, and the rest of meat mixture. Top with Cheese.  Bake 25 minutes at 375 degrees.

Very tasty!

I served this with mexican rice.





I would love to see feedback if anyone tries this.

Comments

  1. I just had this reheated for lunch and it was even better than day 1! Yum-a-lum-a-ding-dong :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried this the other night. It was a big hit with the family! My hubby says this is one to make again. I love the corn and the black beans! I also chopped up a tomato and lettuce to serve on top. Thanks Cayla keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment