Salisbury Steak

Ok ok don't run away by the title of this meal! I know you are all thinking of the salisbury steak that the lunch lady use to serve you.   I have to admit, I actually use to like the salisbury steak that they use to serve at school.  This recipe is made with hamburger, unlike the mystery meat that they made at school.  This recipe is super easy, and the only thing that you might not already have is the french onion soup.  This recipe came from my Mom, you'll see more of her recipes, she enjoys cooking just as much as I do!

*Note* I usually double the gravy recipe, I am a saucy person!

Salisbury Steak

1 10.5 oz can french onion soup
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 Cup bread crumbs (I use crackers if I don't have bread crumbs)
1 Egg
1/8 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Flour
1/4 Cup Ketsup
1/4 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Worcestershire
1/2 tsp dry mustard (I use a little squirt of regular mustard b/c I didn't have any dry mustard)

Mix together 1/3 Cup french onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper.  Shape into 6 oval patties.  Brown in skillet.  Pour off excess fat.
In small bowl mix flour and the remaining soup till smooth.  Mix in remaining ingredients.  Pour over meat in skillet.  Cover and cook for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.  Stir occasionally.

I served this with red skinned mashed potatoes and corn.  It was SO good.  My 2 1/2 year old absolutely loved it!  He even helped me out in the kitchen tonight, I included some pictures ;)






Here are some of the fun pics!






Enjoy!

Comments