Scalloped Potatoes with Pork Chops

Mmm! This was a tasty dinner.  I got this recipe from Wes' Mom's recipe box.  I believe it came from one of his Grandmothers.  What I really like about this, is that it doesn't call for any special ingredients.  Basically everything you should have in your pantry :)  This is one of those meals where you pop it in the oven and your whole house smells delicious until it's time to eat. 

Scalloped Potatoes with Pork Chops

4-6 Pork Chops (I used Bone-in, but you could use boneless)
2 T. Cooking Oil
Salt and Pepper

3 T. Margarine
3 T. Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes (I didn't have this so I used 1 Cup of Beef broth, then cut the water down to 1 cup)
2 Cups Water

6-8 Thinly sliced potatoes ( I used my mandolin to get them really thin)
1 Medium Onion (sliced into rings)

Brown pork chops in hot oil, salt and pepper both sides. *Hint* when heating up your oil, add a couple cloves of garlic, remove as soon as you can smell garlic, discard.  This adds a lot of flavor to the meat. 
In small saucepan Melt margarine, stir in flour, salt, pepper, bouillon cubes (or broth), and water.  Stir until mixture boils.  Put potatoes into 9x13 baking dish, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.  Top with onion rings.  Pour broth mixture over top.  Place pork chops on top.  Cover with foil.  Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Remove foil, bake for 30 minutes more.

Enjoy!














Comments