Southwestern Chipotle Chicken Wraps

YUm-A-LuM-a-DinG-DONG! This was fantastic!  This was from a recipe that I found on Pinterest.  I made some of my own adjustments though.  I think I've said before that my husband isn't a huge fan of trying new recipes but he absolutely LOVED this one.  We will definitely be making these again.  Since it is a bit spicy I saved some plain rice, chicken, and black beans to make a kid friendly version :)  And he really liked it too.

Southwestern Chipotle Chicken Wraps

1 Can Black beans
1 Red Pepper, cut into strips
1 Green Pepper, cut into strips
1 Onion, cut into strips
1lb Chicken, Cooked and shredded
1 Cup Rice
Juice from 1 Lime
2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
1/2-1 Tbsp Chipotle Chili Pepper Seasoning
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
6-8 tortilla shells, burrito size
1 block Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded

Cook rice according to package.  Saute peppers and onion until caramelized.  Mix together Chicken, black beans, cilantro, lime juice, chipotle chili pepper, and garlic salt. 

Lay out shell, spread cheese over shell but not too close to edges.  Lay a couple spoon fulls of rice, pepper and onion mixture, and chicken mixture in the middle of the shell.  Sprinkle cheese over top.  Fold both sides in then roll over.  It doesn't have to be perfect.  Once I made all of them, I put them on my griddle and pressed them down with another pan.  I grilled them on medium for about 6-8 minutes on each side.  They were SO good!

Enjoy!




















 Kid Version:

Comments