Rainbow Cupcakes

It's been way too long! I am so excited to get back at my cooking blog :) 

We had my daughter Leah's 1st Birthday party this past weekend and the theme was Rainbow.  I made some rainbow cupcakes that were delish and oh-so cute :)  I thought I would share the recipe since so many people commented on how they loved them.  It's quite simple, and they are VERY moist and delicious.

Rainbow Cupcakes

1 Box French Vanilla Cake Mix
2 Eggs
1 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil

Mix everything together.  Beat on high for about 3 minutes.  Make sure sides of bowl are scraped.

I then separated the batter into 5 bowls.  I added food coloring until I got my desired colors.  I did Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple.  Put a spoonful of each batter into each muffin cup.  Make sure not too put too much, you don't want them to be big (because of the rainbow that goes on top).  Bake according to cake mix.

I used Cream Cheese frosting (store bought).  I got the rainbows (on top) from amazon, they are called Airhead Xtreme's.

These were so fun to make! The kids LOVED the colors and I got so many compliments on how good the cupcakes were.  I will definitely be making these again.



Enjoy!

Comments