Sweet Potato Chili

This recipe is my go to!  I love to make a batch during the day when the kids are at school and have it for the week for easy healthy lunches.  My kids even like it, I just adjust the chili powder so there's not too much spice for them.

Sweet Potato Chili (Paleo)

2 lbs hamburger
1 onion chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 can tomato sauce 29.5 ounces
2 cups petite diced tomatoes with juice
3 cups beef stock
2 cups carrots sliced
5 cups sweet potatoes diced
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
1/2 cup chili powder
dash of oregano
dash of red pepper flakes

In large saucepan brown hamburger and onions.  Add garlic for last couple minutes.  Drain off the fat.  Add remaining ingredients to the pan, bring to boil and simmer for 35-40 minutes.  Remove and discard the bay leaves.

I like it just the way it is but you can top it with cheese, sour cream, add beans, quinoa.....I've tried it all and its yummy either way!

Enjoy!





Comments