Healthy Morning Muffins

I am always looking for something healthy to feed the kids for breakfast.  So when I came along these, I couldn't wait to try them.  Of coarse, they are off of pinterest, but originally from Martha Stewart :)  These muffins were SUPER DUPER delish!  They are hubby and kiddo approved! 

Healthy Morning Muffins

1 1/4 Cups all purpose flour (or wheat flour)
1/2 Cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg (i used just a little less)
dash of cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 Cup old-fashioned Oats
1/2 Cup raisins
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Egg
1/3 Cup Milk
4 Medium Carrots shredded
1 banana, mashed

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray muffin tray (makes 12 muffins) with non stick cooking spray.  In a large bowl mix together (by hand) flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt until it is mixed together.  Stir in oats and raisins.  Add oil, egg, milk, carrots, and banana, stir until blended.

Fill muffin cups with just under 1/4 cup of batter.  Bake about 19-23 minutes.

Enjoy!

I hope your family LOVES them as much as mine did :)




Comments

  1. Hi I am Fawn and I personally created this recipe..I submitted them to Everyday Food and they were published in the Jan/Feb 2010 edition. I love that you like them. I like to make substitutions when I make them, like I use coconut oil now not evoo. I use freshly ground whole wheat and I even substitute dried cranberries or dates for the raisins. I am so glad you enjoy them!! Just wanted to say HI! Great Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment