Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Boy am I glad that it's zucchini season :)  There are so many things that you can make with zucchini......of coarse my two favorites are the most fattening!  Chocolate Zucchini Cake and Zucchini Bread.  YUM!  My Mom, myself, and the kids just got back from visiting friends in Illinois, we had a great time there, and came back with a cooler full of fresh veggies from John and Dot.  So it was time to make some Chocolate Zucchini Cake.  I got this recipe from one of our old neighbors, Dorothy, who is also an excellent cook!  I have a few other recipes from her that you will see in the future :)

chocolate zucchini cake

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup oil
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sour milk (mix 1/2 cup milk with 1/2 tsp vinegar)
2 1/2 cups flour
4 TBSP cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
1 tsp cinnamon

Combine and mix well butter, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, soda, sour milk, cocoa, baking powder, and cinnamon.  Add flour and zucchini, mix well.  Bake 30-40 minutes on 350 degrees in a 9x13 greased pan.

icing

1/2 cup margarine
4 TBSP cocoa
4 TBSP milk
1 box powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)

Bring to boil the margarine, cocoa and milk, boil 1 minute.  Then add powdered sugar, vanilla, and nuts.  Ice cake while hot.







My helper :)





Comments