Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Cookies

Tis the season to cook with Pumpkin :)  I LOVE this time of the year, my house constantly smells like baked goods and the colors on the trees outside are SO pretty!  I made these cookies last year, BTB (before the blog), so I had to post them this time around.   They seriously MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH!  Ugh they are just too good.  I got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens but I added my special touch to it.

This makes about 60 cookies, so you will have plenty to share with others :)

Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Cookies

2 Cups of Butter, softened
2 Cups of White Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Nutmeg
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 15 ounce Can of Pumpkin
4 Cups All-Purpose Flour

Cream Cheese Frosting (I used light frosting and left some plain for my husband, you might need to double this if you are going to frost all of them)

1 block of Cream Cheese
4 Tbsp. Butter
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl beat butter with mixer on high speed for 30 seconds.  Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.  Add eggs and vanilla, beat until combined.  Beat in Pumpkin.  Add flour, mix well.

Drop dough by heaping tablespoons on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

To make the frosting, put cream cheese in bowl, beat until smooth.  Add butter and beat until combined.  Add vanilla and powdered sugar.  Frost when cookies are cooled.  Lightly sprinkle Cinnamon on top.

Believe me, once you eat one, you will go back for seconds, thirds, fourths......Just Sayin' they are THAT good! :)








 





Comments