Glazed Ham Balls

Another one of my favorite meals :)  These glazed ham balls are super easy and sure to be a hit with your little ones.  I believe this recipe came from my old Illinois neighbors, but i'm not 100% sure. 

There are 2 options for this.  If you live in Michigan, you can typically find a Vandenbrink ham loaf in the freezer section, its almost 2lbs.  If you can't find this then you will have to go to the meat market and get ground ham and ground pork.

Glazed Ham Balls
1 1/2 pounds ground ham
1 1/4 pounds ground pork
OR......
1 1/2 Vandenbrink Ham Loafs

2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 Cups bread crumbs
1/2 Cup chopped onions
1/2 Cup Milk

Glaze
1 Cup brown sugar
1tbsp mustard
2 tbsp Vinegar
1 tbsp water

Combine meat, eggs, bread crumbs, onions, and milk.  Form into balls.  Place in 9x13 glass dish, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour 20 mins.  I start with the dish covered.  When there is 40 minutes left, uncover and pour glaze over the balls.

To make the glaze:
Mix together the brown sugar and mustard.  Stir in vinegar and water.

I made these the other night and served them with baked potatoes and green beans.  My 3 year old son ate 2 1/2 of these ham balls, he loved it!







Comments

  1. My fave thing about returning back home to Michigan this year. HAM LOAF! Try finding it in Ohio sometime. Next to impossible although an Amish shop quite a drive away did carry it. Thanks for this great recipe!! I love these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment